Some people really love reading and will collect different kinds of books. It certainly feels great to be surrounded by your favorite books, written by your most loved authors. If you are really a book lover, for sure, you want to have a home library where you can arrange your books and where you can have a great time reading them. The process of decoration your living room or your home office with a library must consider several aspects, either personal, functional or aesthetic.
1 – What are your needs?
2 – Where do you want to put the library?
3 – Calculate the space you need.
4 – Evaluate the bookshelves
5 – Pick your colors
6 – Choose the furniture
7 – Layout
8 – Lighting
9 – From top to bottom
10 – Window
1.This would be the basic thing to be considered in creating a home library. You need to know what you want and what you need. Try to consider the needs of other family members who will use the library, too. If you are ready, then you can now start decorating your home library.
2. It is very important for you to know where you want to put your library. Determine how much space you have and look into the layout of your home. You can even use your living room for reading if you really do not have enough space. A small corner that is quiet can already be a good home library. But if your space is big, you can have a separate room as library, and then you can wide up your choices.
3. Try to determine how many books you have and how many books you are planning to have. This way, you will be able to determine the kind of bookshelf you would need. You may also use open shelves if your books are not that so many.
4. Make sure that your bookshelves can secure your precious books. Check if it is installed well to avoid being ruined due to too much weight. Make it simple. You can paint it with colors that you want. Also, it is very important to design bookshelves that allow good air-circulation to avoid your books to be fungi due to over-humidity.
5. Choose colors that suit your home and that is relaxing. You can even use your favorite color for the library. If you want to use browns and greens like in the old days. You actually have the freedom to choose the color you want.
6. After determining the space you have, you can now choose the furniture to use. You would always have a table and a chair in a library aside from the bookshelves. You can also place the tables in a corner for a lamp or other decor. Choose simple furniture for your library and make sure that it is comfortable.
7. Have a good layout in your library. Make sure that it has a good traffic. Books should also have a good arrangement so that you will not have a hard time to look for the ones you will need. Have a separate bookshelf for new books.
8. During the day, you can use natural light from windows. That would be enough for reading. During the night, you can use lamps, over head lights and other lights in the library.
9. It would be wise to go vertical when it comes to your book storage for it can save space. You can use the full height of the wall for the books. Having vertical storage spaces can also allow you to have better home library furniture arrangements.
10. It would be better if your library is located near a window to allow natural light to come in especially during the day. You would not want to have a library that is dark and boxed in.
Create a space where you can relax, feel stress free and enjoy your books or magazines.